plural noun: compilations
1. the action or process of producing something, especially a list, book, or report, by assembling information collected from other sources.
Everyone is a potential Author, but not Everyone is a potential Writer
Authorship is the creating part and the writing is manifesting that creative part either via books, music, artistry, ect. The Internet and print on demand technology including the coming use of in-store kiosks, has given the reading consumer the power to create his or her own book or compilation of printed materials. Although we have moved into the digital age of reading materials, there are still many book lovers out there who love to curl up to a good paperback book while lying in bed sipping on hot chocolate.
Many Aspiring Authors never have the opportunity to publish their writings do to publishing costs. We at IGPH have come up with a way for those Authors to publish their writings at a very affordable cost.
What is a Compilation?
Compilation books are written by more than 1 Author on a subject. Examples of a compilation book is one with different interviews or chapters written by more than 1 Author. Compilation books present authors with a great opportunity for book and self promotion.
Some authors collect a series of stories that revolve around a central theme. Articles can also be used in a similar manner. You can also invite people to write an entire chapter in order to provide a variety of angles for your book. This is a good idea if your book is lacking certain expertise and knowledge.
Reasons why Authors should consider Book Compilation publishing
1. Cheaper way to get your writings into print: Book publishing can become quite costly. Many aspects have to be taken into consideration that could affect the price of publishing a complete manuscript. The number of pages, the size of the book and colored images can change the price drastically. When you connect with other Authors, you divide these printing costs evenly among each of you. Check out the process here.
2. You promote yourself! You can get your website and book name in front of a whole new audience by being in a compilation book.
3. You can make a nice profit: As one of the authors, you can buy extra copies of the book at a very low cost and sell it as Retail price which can increase your income.
4. Other people promote you. Each of the authors will generally have bought copies of the book at wholesale prices in order to resell them for a profit. Or they will be giving away to clients and friends. As people read the book, they come across you and check out your site.
5. You keep total copyrights to your own story that is within a compilation book. Each Author’s story, recipe or poem will be copywritten to the original creator. Check out the contract details here.
6. Replenish your book stock in as little as 24 hours. You can order copies of the compilation 24 hours, 7 days a week. Only those who have Authored the compilation will be allowed to purchase at the special Comp price.
7. Compilation book may be published as an eBook (digital book) for easy reading on many different devices such as the Kindle, Nook and even your Ipad.
Click this icon to view our Compilation Site Map