We work extremely hard and very close with our clients to produce a satisfactory product for both YOU the Author and US the Publisher. We are known for keeping our information, prices and services up front with any and all who is either inquiring about our services or who have already signed up for our services. We are aware that some things can happen that deserves our immediate attention and an effort to correct any issues that are within our scope. There are a few things for you to keep in mind if you ever need to file a claim with our office. This information can also be found in our terms & agreement policy.
1. When a Client of Griot Publishing APPROVES a proof, if there are mistakes in that proof, even if there are mistakes that Griot Publishing has made, those mistakes are NOT our responsibility. The purpose of us sending you the final proof and having you signoff on it clearly states that YOU the Author has reviewed the file in its entirety and has approved/agreed that the file is completed to your satisfaction, and you are giving your approval for Griot Publishing to print the manuscript.
2. Please, look over your proof CAREFULLY. We CANNOT reprint any orders if mistakes in the finished books WERE ALSO IN THE PROOF. This policy is not unique to Griot Publishing, it is universally accepted by publishers and/or printers everywhere. We want to produce for you a book of quality, so please look over as well as have someone else to do the same. If you desire for our Proofreaders or Editors to review it for you outside our basic editing, then contact our Customer Service department.
3. PDF Proofs and Printed Proofs ~ Griot Publishing will submit PDF proofs (soft proofs) for the Client's review and approval. Upon request, Griot Publishing can also provide a Printed Proof after the PDF Proof has been approved. In both cases, the Client should examine the proofs carefully, and respond with either "Approved -- O.K. to print as is" or "Rejected -- corrections required." All corrections must be submitted in writing, and sent in a single email to Griot Publishing. Multiple emails will delay your order, and may incur additional costs.
4. Undetected errors ~ Griot Publishing will not be responsible for undetected production errors if: -- Proofs are not required by the Client, or -- The work is printed per the Client's OK, or -- Requests for changes are communicated verbally.
5. Color Proofing ~ If you have critical color-matching requirements on your order, Griot Publishing highly recommends that you request a Printed Proof. Because of differences in the way monitors display color and the way printing presses print color, a variation in color between the Client's monitor and the completed job is to be expected. When a color variation of this kind occurs, it will be considered acceptable performance.
6. Delivery ~ Unless otherwise specified, the price quoted includes your shipment cost, without storage. Extra Ordered books will also include the shipping price unless you are doing a split shipment. We can provide you with a quick quote over the phone upon our request. Proposals are based on continuous and uninterrupted delivery of the complete order.
7. Production Schedules ~ Production schedules will be established and followed by both the Client and Griot Publishing. There will be no liability or penalty for delays due to a state of war, riot, civil disorder, fire, strikes, accidents, action of government or civil authority, acts of God, or other cases beyond the control of Griot Publishing. In such cases, schedules will be extended by an amount of time equal to the delay incurred.
8. Blurred or pixilated photos ~ We suggest that your images should be set at 350 DPI to insure that your images won't come out blurry or distorted. Even if the image looks good on your computer screen at a lower DPI, Once run your manuscript through our testers, it may detect that you are submitting images that may print unclear. This is something that we will bring to your attention, but if you decide to sign off on the final proof WITH your images failing our DPI test, then you are reliable for the final printing of those images in your book. In order for us to reprint your book, you will will be required to pay the file correction fee of
9. Claims for defects ~ Claims for defects, damages, or shortages must be made by the Client in writing no later than 10 calendar days after delivery. If no such claim is made, Griot Publishing and the customer will understand that the job has been accepted. By accepting the job, the customer acknowledges that Griot Publishing's performance has fully satisfied all terms, conditions, and specifications. Griot Publishing's Liability will be limited to the quoted printing and binding price of defective goods without additional charge for special or consequential damages. As security for payment of any sum due under the terms of an agreement, Griot Publishing has the right to hold and place a lien on all customer property in Griot Publishing's possession. This right applies even if credit has been extended, notes have been accepted, trade acceptances have been made, or payment has been guaranteed. If payment is not made, the customer is liable for all collection costs incurred.
10. Liability ~ Disclaimer of Express Warranties ~ Griot Publishing warrants that the work is as described in the purchase order. The Client understands that all sketches, copy, dummies, and preparatory work shown to the Client are intended only to illustrate the general type and quality of the work. They are not intended to represent the actual work performed. ~ Disclaimer of Implied Warranties ~ Griot Publishing warrants only that the work will conform to the description contained in the purchase order. Griot Publishing's maximum liability, whether by negligence, contract, or otherwise, will not exceed the return of the amount invoiced for the work in the dispute. Under no circumstances will Griot Publishing be liable for specific, individual, or consequential damages.
Indemnification ~ The Client agrees to protect Griot Publishing from economic loss and any other harmful consequences that might arise in connection with the work. This means the Client will hold Griot Publishing harmless and save, indemnify, and otherwise defend Griot Publishing against claims, demands, actions, and proceedings on any and all grounds. This will apply regardless of responsibility for negligence.
Copyrights. ~ We do not monitor each of our Client's work to see if they have embarked upon copyright infringement. If you find that another Author has used your works of any kind, please contact us. Visit our Copyright page for more information on all copyrights.